Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Social Media Growth Tips and Target Marketing Periscope Broadcast For Indie Artist

    

    
   
Today's music industry is very different than the music industry of the 90's and early 2000's. Your social media game has to be on point if you are going to make it today. Which is an extremely good thing for the independent artist. Social media gives you the opportunity to connect with people all over the world in a matter of seconds. If you want to make it in the music industry you have to be able to leverage social media , and the many tools of the Internet to introduce your music to, and build relationships with potential fans around the world. A lot of this can be done for free. However, you will have to invest some money into your efforts from time to time for exposure on certain valuable platforms because you are a business.

    

     Several years ago I decided to focus on a grass roots social media approach to expand my fan base and supporters. I feel that I have been very successful in doing this. As a result of focusing on social media growth I have been able to reach people all over the world with my music. People have bought my music and donated to my music ministry all over the world as a result of my social media efforts. Today I can say that my music is in rotation on radio stations all over the USA, as well as Canada, the UK, the Virgin Islands, Iheart Radio, and Jango Radio. I would like to share the knowledge that I have gained through the years through trial and error, and trainings with other independent artist, spoken word artist, and musicians. I would like to help you build your fan base free of charge. I never liked when people would give some good info to bait me in and then right before they give the info that I really need they would say that there is a charge or I have to sign up for a program and pay $400 or $50 a month. So I do not do that. I just want to help people. It is a ministry to me because I know the struggles of trying to make it out here.

    
I am aware that Christians and other Christian artist frown on the use of words like fans and entertainment. Yes I am a Christian Hip Hop artist. However, when my supporters continually kept calling themselves fans I decided to go with it. You might as well call people what they would like to be called. Also let me address something else right now. My music ministry is about drawing souls to the kingdom of God and showing people that its cool to be a Christian and have fun in Jesus Christ as long as you keep it clean, holy, and make sure that that fun lines up with the word of God. My job is also to provide an alternative to the trash on mainstream media that influences our youth and young adults in a negative manner that is not conducive to them living successful righteous healthy lives. What every Christian artist does, no matter the sub genre, is entertainment ministry whether they want to admit it or not. That is another blog topic in itself. Therefore I will not get into details about it here. I will address it at a later date.

    
 In March I began doing weekly Periscope broadcast on Social Media Growth and Target marketing  on my @rifica Periscope Channel . Please follow me here so you can get all the notifications when I'm on giving you tips on how to build an engaged fan base online. There are several replay videos up that you can catch as well if you are just finding out about this. I also post the ones that I feel are the best to my rifica777 YouTube channel. You can check those out on my Social Media Growth and Target Marketing Pinterest Board . I do my daily broadcast Monday - Friday at 9pm CST . If I will be doing my broadcast earlier or later I send out a tweet and facebook fan page post that lets people know the time that I will be coming on. There is a question and answer portion of my broadcast as well where I address any social media questions you may have. I hope to see you on a broadcast in the near future and interact with you! I always start and end my broadcast spitting some bars. So you will get a little short show during the broadcast as well!

      Some of the topics I have covered already are facebook, YouTube, instagram, pinterest, and twitter tips. Building a large engaged following on social media. Posting consistent content on the major social media sites. What types of things should you post? Youtube, Soundcloud, Reverbnation and Radio Airplay dot com aka Jango Radio analytics.

     In the future I plan to cover the following topics. How to get Blogs and reviews as an indie artist. The importance of having a coach. How to manage multiple social media sites. What content will be the most engaging? What should I put in my bio? How to get on radio and get radio interviews. Attraction Marketing. Periscope etiquette. Don't be scared to follow more people than follow you. Check your data and insights to know who to target with your music. Promote your live streams ahead of time for more viewers. Facebook groups. How to utilize the most under utilized social media platform Pinterest.


     In case you would like some statistics on why your music career can benefit from listening to my broadcast here are my social media stats. 540 Youtube subscribers, 1569 Facebook Fanpage Likes, 9339 Instagram followers, 13,835 twitter followers, 692 Periscope followers, 18,767 Reverbnation fans, 630 Soundcloud followers, 336 Pinterest followers, 1700+ free or donation downloads of cover songs and mixtapes. Until the next blog always remember the Righteous In Faith InCrease Abundantly and only what you do for Christ will last. Be Blessed!


Check out one of my past Periscope Broadcasts below.




No comments:

Post a Comment